Discover an affordable, seamlessly integrated inventory planning optimization solution to SAP Business One for small and midsize businesses. A solution that frees up your resources (including cash), reduces losses from obsolescence, and increases service levels. The tools you need to forecast, plan, and optimize inventory, manage your business more efficiently and meet the demands of customers and suppliers are powerful and affordable.
Inventory Planning Blog
Tags: Inventory Planning, SAP, SAP Business One, inventory optimization, Forecasting Inventory, advanced inventory planning solutions, cloud computing, Demand Planning, replenishment planning, Wholesale Distribution, Supply Chain, Partner Awards, Valogix, inventory management
Happy New Year! 2012 brings the promise of improving global economies. Balancing short term resilience with longer term needs is what is needed now. Reducing costs, buying less, increasing productivity, improving cash flow is important, and to keep these inventory objectives balanced and in perspective you need an efficient way to optimize these important business demands. Improve your competitive advantages responsibly and efficiently with inventory planning optimization solutions. Waiting until its too late in your ordering cycles will invite your customers to investigate other opportunities, and that can happen by making the reduction of the wrong item at the wrong time.
If your company tends to reduce items with the highest investment because it creates a larger reduction faster, what it actually does is creates potential stock outs, higher backorders and increased expedited shipping – and, even more importantly, customer dis-satisfaction. We all know that when customers are unhappy they become former customers. Randomly cutting inventory has been proven time and time again to be the wrong strategy as does overstocking your inventory.
Tags: Inventory Planning, SAP Business One, cloud, inventory optimization, SaaS, Forecasting Inventory, advanced inventory planning solutions, replenishment planning, IBM, Wholesale Distribution, Supply Chain, manufacturing
Did you know that certain inventory planning solutions are easier to use than ever? Until recently Small and Mid-size Businesses (SMB) did not have affordable, easy to use software tools to help them effectively manage and balance their inventory investment. Software solutions that forecast, plan and optimize an inventory are found in widespread acceptance in large enterprise companies but these solutions can cost between hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars, take months to implement and are generally not affordable or usable by SMBs.
Tags: Inventory Planning, SAP, inventory optimization, Forecasting Inventory, optimization, cloud computing, NetSuite, Demand Planning, replenishment planning, Wholesale Distribution, Supply Chain, inventory management
- Login with your own user name and password, any time, anywhere.
- Lower upfront capital: By going to an SaaS model, you avoid the up-front capital requirements and funding requests, and pay for the software as an on-going expense
- Faster implementation: There is generally less overall set-up time, and in some cases, companies can often leverage the hosted solution’s existing integrations with existing key ERP solutions.
- Faster “time-to-value”: Given a more rapid implementation, the time-to-value and positive cash flow returns are more rapid than a traditionally deployed, on-premise implementation.
- Strategic flexibility: In theory, it may be easier to “unplug” an on-demand solution and move to an on-premise implementation down the road if required.
- Reduce internal IT resource requirements: No installed application software or hardware to manage over time.
- Overcome objections to best-of-breed software: Some companies are finding that they are able to overcome the objections or rules against implementing software that doesn’t come from the company’s ERP provider if they use an SaaS model.
- Fit for “on-demand” usage: Users can access the solutions when they need them - anytime and anywhere, 24/7.
- Stay current with technology: The software will be automatically upgraded with enhancements to functionality. This should serve to keep users on the current platform, and keep them from falling behind the state-of-the-art technology.
What's getting in the way of providing customer value in wholesale distribution? Most often, it's the inability to balance stock levels with service levels. Hold onto too much inventory, and you end up paying for items that collect dust in the warehouse. Stock too little inventory and you won't be able to keep up with customer requests. Sometimes wholesale distributors end up with both problems: holding excess stock of items customers don't need.